This is definitely a family favourite and pretty easy to make.
As I was learning to cook I did a lot of guestimating and figured things out through trial and error, so that’s what I can recommend to any new cooks out there!
- 100g Onion diced
- 20g Garlic crushed
- 250g Beef Mince
- 100g Mixed Veg
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Mixed Herbs
- Chilli flakes (a pinch)
- Beef Stock Cube
- 30g Butter
- 50g Flour
- 250ml Milk
- 40g Cheese
- Lasagne Sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fry onions and garlic in a saucepan.
- Add mince and cook until browned.
- Add mixed veg, chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, and beef stock, leave to simmer.
- To make the while sauce start by melting some butter in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add a bit of flour at a time and mix into the butter until it becomes a thick paste.
- Slowly add milk and stir until it becomes the consistency you want.
- Mix the cheese in until melted, add milk to make sauce thinner or flour to make it thicker.
- Assemble lasagne layer by layer – lasagne sheet, mince mix, white sauce (repeat) and top with a lasagne sheet and lots of sauce
- Then sprinkle a little bit of extra cheese on the top layer of sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Pro Tip: If you have leftover bolognese, turn it into a lasagne to make it a bit more exciting!