You know what? Life is hard. It’s different for everyone but we all get tired and frustrated so it’s important to know how to de-stress and put yourself back in a good place. So, here are some of my tips for a dealing with a stressful day.
Things To Do:
- Speak to someone – your friends and family care about how you feel and will hopefully be able to comfort you or give you some suggestions for your situation.
- Have a treat – it doesn’t take a lot for me to justify a treat but if you have had a rubbish day then you deserve it. Bake something or just pop to the shops, if you want to feel comforted you probably just want to treat yourself with some cheat food.
- Watch your favourite film/show – Everyone has that film that automatically makes them feel better, just zone out for a bit with your favourite tv/film.
- Listen to music – Relax or get hyped with your favourite music
- Wear your comfy clothes – just curl up in your trackies and get comfy
- Have a nap – Not to avoid your problems, but sometimes when things are feeling a bit overwhelming, a nap is just what you need so you can come back refreshed.
- Have a hot shower/bubble bath
Negatives To Avoid:
- Dwelling /Overthinking – if there’s nothing you can do about it, then there’s no point holding onto it, move on.
- Alternatively don’t ignore your problems – they won’t just go away, if you can, you need to do something about them.
- Eating a load of junk food – while a treat is nice, stuffing your face with rubbish food will only make you feel worse in the long run.
- Watching TV for hours – take a break for a bit but then try to get on with something else.
I realise a couple of my points may slightly contradict themselves but the point is everything in moderation, if you need to take an afternoon or day off from being productive then do so, but just make sure you get back on it and don’t let everything slip.