A kitchen essential I have discovered is my slow cooker and I adore it! If you are out for the day, you can just bung a load of ingredients in and it’ll be done for you when you get home. I’m working my way through a few slow-cooker specific recipes but there are endless recipes you can adapt to use it for.
- 250g Boneless Gammon Joint
- 150g Onion (diced)
- 25g Garlic
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 50g Honey
- Optional sides: Rice & Veg, Mashed Potatoes, Spinach etc.
- Fill the slow cooker with all of the ingredients and set to heat on a low for 8 hours.
- Approx half way through (or when you get the chance) turn the gammon – don’t worry if it starts to fall apart.
- Cook your sides e.g. rice & veg or mashed potatoes.
- Once the slow cooker has finished, drain the excess liquid and shred the gammon and serve with veg.
Also See: BBQ Pulled Pork