A delicious chocolate cake that fits perfectly with your easter spread!
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 6 tbsp Boiling Water
- 100g Softened Butter
- 275g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 125ml Milk
- 175g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 200g Softened Butter
- 210g Icing Sugar
- 40g Hot Chocolate Powder
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Mini Eggs
Preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
- Mix together the cocoa powder and water until it forms a dough-like substance.
- Add the softened butter and mix until smooth.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder into the mix to finish the cake batter.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour the mix in. Make sure to spread it evenly across the base.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Use a cocktail stick to make sure the cake is baked the whole way through.
Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out onto a cooling rack and peel off the greaseproof paper.
- For the frosting, cream together the sugar, butter, milk and hot chocolate powder.
- Spread the frosting over the tray bake, making sure to keep it even across the centre and into the corners.
- Chop some mini eggs into varying sizes. Crumble over the cake.
- Slice your tray bake into squares.