This is something I have been wanting to try for a while. Carbonara is probably one of my favourite meals, especially when it’s done right. It’s definitely not a healthy dish but an absolute treat on occasion.
So, here is my recipe for homemade carbonara!
- 195g Spaghetti/Tagliatelle
- 1tsp Olive Oil
- 50g Onion
- 30g Garlic
- 180g Pancetta Rashers
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 20g Parmesan (extra for on top)
- 50ml Double Cream
- Salt & Pepper (for seasoning)
- Boil your pasta
Chop your pancetta into small pieces.
- In a saucepan add your oil and fry the onion, garlic and pencetta.
- In a bowl whisk your egg yolks, parmesan, double cream and add some salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Once your pasta is fully cooked mix together with the pancetta mix (add more olive oil if required to stop the pasta from clumping together) in a large saucepan.
- Make sure everything is heated through fully.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat and pour in the egg mix, make sure you keep moving the mix to ensure it heats through without scrambling the eggs.
- Once everything is mixed through and has created a thick sauce, serve and top with extra parmesan!
Tip: Now that you presumably have 3 egg whites spare, why not make a healthy egg whites omelet? Or some mini meringues?