This is something I have been wanting to try for a while. It requires a bit of prep but is 100% worth it!
Serves 2 –
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 30g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Slice of Bread (reduced to breadcrumbs)
- 100g Carton of Passata/chopped tomatoes
- 10g Garlic
- Mixed Herbs
- 1 Mozzarella Ball
- 20g Grated Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper (for seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
Place the chicken on a chopping board and layer a sheet of cling film on top. Use a tenderizer mallet to flatten the chicken, try to keep the chicken a level thickness the whole way across and approximately 2cm thick.
- Once both chicken breasts have been thinned, coat them in flour, egg and then bread crumbs (If you want to double coat them then double your measurements and repeat the process).
- Place the chicken on a tin foiled tray and cook for 10 minutes, then flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- For the tomato topping mix the passata, garlic and herbs in a food processor until it is a smooth sauce.
- Having removed the chicken from the oven you can then spoon on the tomato mix.
- Then top with chopped/shredded mozzarella (covering the chicken) and sprinkle over grated parmesan, you can also top with salt & pepper or more mixed herbs.
- Then place back in the over for another 10 minutes (or until the cheese has fully melted).
Note: You may find you have tomato sauce leftover, if this is the case you can freeze it to use another time or add to another sauce.