These are not only delicious but perfect for entertaining or a brunch treat!
Note: You can adjust quantities and measurements depending on taste preferences, but this is a basic recipe.
To make 12 –
- 12 Slices of Bread
- Approx 8 Slices of Bacon
- 1-2 Leeks (according to taste)
- 150g Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grill your bacon until it’s crispy, chop and set aside.
- Using a large circle cookie cutter, cut out a circle in each slice of bread.
- Line each dip in the cupcake baking tray with a circle of bread (squishing it down into the corners) – you may need to slice into the circles slightly and then overlap the edged to fit.
- Bake these in the oven for approximately 5 minutes to crisp them up.
- Chop the leeks.
- In a pan, fry together the bacon and leeks, then add in the cream cheese and seasoning.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the bread shells.
- You can keep these aside until you want to serve and then bake again for 10 minutes.
Suggestion: Use up the bread cut offs to make eggy-bread dippers!