Only within the last couple of years did I discover that I actually love cheesecake! Before then the thought of cream CHEESE in a dessert just sounded horrifically wrong, obviously the truth of it is that it’s filled with sugar and is therefore super sweet!
My issue is the fact that my boyfriend doesn’t like cheesecake so, if I make one I would have to eat it in it’s entirety within the week (something I may have done in the past). Therefore, an easy and convenient frozen cheesecake which can last ages is ideal for me!
- 135g Digestive Biscuits
- 65g Butter (melted)
- 300g Cream Cheese
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 2tbsp Lemon Juice
- Crush the digestive biscuits by putting them into a sealable plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the biscuit bag.
- Mix the biscuits and butter until fully combined.
- Pour the biscuit mix into your cheesecake dish and using the back of a spoon, compress the mix so it fills the container base.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the cream cheese, sugars and lemon juice.
- Spoon the cheesecake mix into the dish and smooth in to fill the container.
- Close/cover the container and place in the freezer.
- If you wish to serve the whole cheesecake you can get it out to defrost overnight, or for individual slices at a time I would recommend removing the cheesecake after an hour, slicing your portions while the cheesecake is still sliceable and then place back in the freezer.
I realise this was quite a generous portion size but it was all for the photo (I then of course did eat the entire slice).