A really simple weeknight meal and a great way to use up leftovers!
- 2 Tortilla Wraps (per quesadilla)
- 1 Chicken Breast (shredded)
- Half an Onion
- 1x Pepper
- 1x Garlic Clove (diced)
- Fajita Spices
- Cheddar (grated)
- Bake your chicken breast in the oven (can be done in advance).
- Shred the chicken and add fajita (or other) spices.
- Fry your onion, garlic and peppers in a frying pan until softened/golden brown onions.
- On the base wrap spoon on the salsa and cover the surface.
- Then topic with you chicken and veg mix – spread across evenly.
- Top with grated cheese and then place the second wrap on top.
- In a lightly oiled pan transfer your quesadilla.
- Once the base starts to brown, flip the quesadilla over (you should start to notice the cheese melting.
- Once this side is also browned and you are sure everything is cooked/heated through properly you can then remove the quesadilla from the pan and slice.
Note: You can experiment with other fillings (e.g. using up leftovers) but this is just a basic example.