This is a bit of a cheat in terms of baking/cooking as I do use a ready made pastry, but you know, sometimes you just want something yum and easy. Also you can often get the pastry frozen so you have it stored for whenever you want it.
- Ready rolled puff pastry
- Grated Cheese
- Egg (wash)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll your pastry out to approx 2mm thick, keeping the square shape.
- Slice the pastry into squares.
- Slice your bacon length-ways so they are in long strips, then fold in half before laying diagonally across the pastry.
- Crumble on the grated cheese along the centre.
- To make the egg wash, crack and whisk in a bowl, then using a brush apply to the empty pastry corners before folding over.
- Make sure the pastry is secured in place and then egg wash the surface of the pastry as well before baking for 15-17 mins (until crispy and golden).