- Oil (for frying)
- 2x Chicken Breast (diced)
- 90g Pancetta/Bacon (sliced)
- 150g Onion (chopped)
- 20g Garlic (chopped)
- 180g Mixed Vegetable Selection
- 40g Butter
- 30g Plain Flour
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- 100ml Milk
- Puff Pastry To Cover
- Melted Butter to Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C .
- In a large saucepan begin by frying the chicken.
- Once cooked add in the pancetta (try to separate the slices).
- Now add in the onion and garlic until golden or the excess liquid has reduced.
- Add the rest of your mixed very and the butter, stir until melted and combined.
- Bit by bit pour in the flour and stir until combined, then add chicken stock and milk (again bit by bit) until it reaches a thick and creamy consistency.
- Once you are happy with the consistency you can move the mix into your over proof dish.
- Roll out and slice your puff pastry into strips (to fit the pan) and criss-cross layer across the surface of the mix.
- Lightly brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until the puff pastry is golden brown).
Also See: Chicken Steeps & Chicken & Bacon Alfredo