I have always felt like a fairly creative person, in terms of enjoying creative activities (not necessarily being any good at them), however, often outside of things like art/design classes at school it can be difficult to know how to express your creativity in a fun and productive way.
So, here are 10 suggestions for easy ways to be creative that don’t require lots of skills/materials, that way you can just enjoy being creative for fun!
- Painting – watercolour, acrylics, paper or canvas
- Bullet Journaling – Organisation with the added element of design and doodles, see Starting A Bullet Journal to find out more.
- Writing – Creative stories or perhaps a blog? You can write about any topic you’re interested in!
- Cooking/Baking – Here are some essential cooking skills to get you started!
- Music – If you already play an instrument then stick at it, and if not, it’s never too late to learn.
- Photography – Thanks to modern technology, now you just need a half descent mobile phone to take high quality photos.
- Home Design/Crafts (DIY/Crafting) – try your hand at some creative home improvements & crafts.
- Collages – If you don’t feel like you’re particularly good at drawing or more intricate art, collages are a great creative alternative.
- Colouring Books – Not just for kids, if you don’t feel particularly creative in ideas, then a colouring book allows you to be creative without having to come up with all the ideas/designs yourself.
- Scrapbooking – A lovely way to be creative and save your memories. Click here to find out what you need to get started!
Want even more ideas? Have a look on Pinterest .
Comment below if you have any other suggestions for fun and creative outlets!